Blue Moon Software, Inc. ("Company" or "Blue Moon") respects users' privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
Blue Moon provides and licenses the following web-based software products (the "Products").
- TAA Click & Lease
- NAA Click & Lease
- GAA Forms Online
The Products are offered and licensed to property owners and their agents ("Licensees") for the purpose of generating and printing lease forms and processing lease transactions.
These Products are only available for license to members of partner associations of Blue Moon, TAA, NAA, and GAA.
Licensees may choose to enable and make use of various Product features and secure interfaces that allow them to collect and store information about rental applicants and lease guarantors, some of which is personally identifiable and/or financially sensitive. Licensees may also choose to enable and make use of the eSignature functionality included with the Products.
Blue Moon Licensees may access the Products either directly through the Blue Moon websites, located at www.bluemoonforms.com and www.bluemoon.com (our "Website"), or through API integrations to those domains.
This policy applies to information we collect through the Products, both on the Website and via API integrations. It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Blue Moon or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Website or through the Products.
Information We Collect From and About Users and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about Users, including:
- Information that may personally identify Users or Licensees' customers, e.g., name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, or any other identifier by which Users may be contacted online or offline ("Personal Information");
- Information about Users or about Licensees' customers but that does not individually identify such parties, such as their usage of the Website and the Products; and/or
- Information about Users' Internet connection, the equipment used to access the Products and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from Users when provided to us.
- Automatically as Users navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information Users Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Products may include:
- Information that Users provide using the Products, which may include Licensees' customer information and other information needed to complete a lease form or set of lease documents, submit a rental application, or execute lease contract documents electronically using the Products' E-signature functionality. We may also ask Users for information when they report a problem with our Website or the Products.
- Records and copies of correspondence (including e-mail addresses) with Users, if they contact us.
- Details of transactions Users carry out through our Website and the Products.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As Users and other Website visitors navigate through and interact with our Website and the Products, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of Users' use of the Products and visits to our Website, including traffic data and the resources that accessed and used on the Website.
- Information about Users' computer and Internet connection, including IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count Users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, verifying system and server integrity).
- Web Analytics. We may use Google Analytics or other analytics software to track aggregate and anonymous User behavior on our Website. To learn more, please review the document "How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps".
How We Use User Information
We use information that we collect about Users or that Users provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To provide the Products;
- To present our Website and its contents;
- To provide information Users request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which Users provide it;
- To provide Users with notices about their use of the Products;
- To notify Users about changes to our Website or the Products;
- In any other way we may describe when Users provide the information.
- For any other purpose with Users' consent.
Disclosure of User Information
We may disclose aggregated information about Users and Licensees' customers, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Blue Moon Software, Inc.'s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Blue Moon Software, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which Users or their customers provide it, for example, to execute a lease or acknowledge a disclosure.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when Users provide the information.
- With Users' consent.
We may also disclose User Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Blue Moon Software, Inc., our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Accessing and Correcting User Information
Blue Moon Licensees may review and change most User information directly through interfaces provided with the Products, and by contacting Blue Moon customer service. Rental applicants, lease guarantors, and parties executing lease transactions electronically must contact the applicable property owner or their agent to review and change their information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information submitted by Licensees and other Users is protected by SSL encryption during transmission to us.
Additionally, all information submitted through the Products is stored on secure servers behind firewalls, in an enterprise level data center, and critical Personal Information, such as passwords, social security numbers, and drivers' license numbers are stored in an encrypted format.
The safety and security of User's information also depends on the Users themselves. Where we have provided temporary passwords for use of the Products, the recipients of such passwords are responsible for choosing and using strong passwords, keeping them confidential and secure, and not sharing them.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our Website or through the Products. Any transmission of Personal Information is at the risk of the party providing it. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or the Products.